Saturday, July 14, 2012

Health and training

I've never been a particularly buff guy; I stay in shape and work out but when the sun sets, i'm still only about 130 pounds. Now that i'm back to working regularly, this is something i'm going to begin changing.

My new job, being at a warehouse, requires me to be moving boxes between 30 and 60 pounds for ten hours a day, four days a week. That gives me three days in which to rest, recover, and work the muscle groups that don't get affected much at the warehouse. Working with heavy boxes all day, I don't really want to do too much weight lifting at home because I want to avoid overtraining (as it stands I get some pretty intense arm, back, and shoulder work at the warehouse). This leaves me with a lot of calisthenics, and not too much else. So i'll be doing lots of pushups, pullups, situps, and some other exercises.

As far as eating goes, that's going to be my biggest issue. I need to be able to eat over 5,000 calories a day, every day, and put down at least 150 grams of protein every day. At that point, eating is a chore, and annoying. I've done it before but it's a royal pain. But, it's the only way to put weight on; you want to get big, you've got to eat big.

But on the upshot, I wouldn't have to worry about fat; by working so much constantly and burning lots of calories (and also by eating properly) i'll be staying fairly lean as time goes on. I'll be taking pictures as time goes on, and posting some videos of some of the exercises that I do. As I come up with good recipes for shakes and meals, i'll post those up too.

No comments:

Post a Comment