Saturday, July 21, 2012

The facilities and starting pictures

Finally got around to taking some pictures. I got a few pictures of the gym in the basement and couple of myself; I plan to shoot some pics of myself once a month so I can rate my progress.

I've got the safety cage here, so that way when i'm doing squats or bench presses I don't crush myself.


A smattering of weight plates, a few of the weights, and a kettlebell and sandball.


My personal favorite, the heavy bag. Oh, the fun one can have on this!


This really is all the more one needs. I can do some seriously intense cardio on the heavy bag, it's great for boxing and even kicking. The nice thing about it is that it can toughen up your bones on it, which isn't a concern for me because I don't plan on doing any serious fighting, but it's nice to I know I can/will.

From here I can do a ridiculous number of different calisthenics and powerlifting exercises. I don't need to go out to any other gym to do any exercise, I can do it all here in the basement. Saves money, saves time, and saves annoyance because I can play the music I want to play without having to fiddle with my earbuds or put up with lame, not motivational music. The only thing I don't like is not having someone around to, well, compete with, more or less. It's much harder to be motivated when it's just me. That's part of the reason i'm putting all of this on my blog, i'm hoping this all being on the internet will help keep me motivated.

But enough of that, I've got a picture of myself to put up.


Yeah... I am *WAY* too skinny. That's why i'm training as hard as I can (and that includes eating as much as I can) so I put some weight on and feel like a healthy, normal person.

As I go on i'll keep posting pictures of my progress for comparison. Right now i'm at 132 pounds, hopefully by about this time next month that number will be a little higher and i'll be looking a little better.

No comments:

Post a Comment